Budgeting for asphalt maintenance and repairs can be a challenge. In addition to setting aside a budget to keep your pavement facilities maintained, being prepared for emergencies is important.
Evaluating Current Conditions
So, where can you get started? The first step is to build a knowledge base. This can be done in a consultation, discussing past spending on asphalt maintenance and repairs, as well as reviewing the current condition of your property. At Aegis, we offer a comprehensive consultation that includes a thorough review of your property. Our team will survey your property to review the current infrastructure and to verify any damages or failures. We will then develop a plan that fits your budget and needs.
Our Tips for Asphalt Maintenance
The best precaution you can take to prepare for emergencies is to maintain your pavement on a regular basis. In the case of earthquakes, hurricanes and other unexpected disasters, weakened pavement will be more vulnerable to costly damage. Here are some tips to prolong the life and quality of your parking lot, driveway or roadway:
- Sealcoat on a regular basis to protect your investment.
- Fill cracks to defend against further pavement deterioration.
- Remove accumulated debris and latent materials from the asphalt to prevent the growth of moss that can break through and loosen the pavement.
- Remove obstructions from storm water structures and catch basins regularly to avoid water damage.
- Re-stripe parking lots every one to two years to maintain aesthetics and a great first impression of your business or facility.
Contact Us for a Consultation
At Aegis Asphalt in Eugene, Oregon, our experienced licensed professionals can help with maintenance and repair, as well as thoroughly planning for future investments. Contact us today to get your consultation.